Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Loco Over Casio Retro

I’ve been borrowing my brothers’ stuff ever since I can remember. From shirts, to caps, belts, accessories and anything that I would find interesting. Every time I don’t feel like wearing anything in my closet, I would just go to their room,  and  check out their stuff haha =P They end up wondering why the top I’m wearing seems so familiar (haha sorry!). Then, I started noticing my older brother’s peculiar collection of old watches. I knew they were already out of style but I still borrowed it to complete my usual casual and/or sporty look. Surprisingly, he’s not the only one who is fond of retro watches, even my office colleagues are also part of the vintage-lovin’ bandwagon:
Let me start with my older brother's stuff:
(From left to right):
A. Casio Vintage Retro Gold Digital Watch A168WG A168 
B. Casio DBC-610GA-1DF Gold Retro Databank Watch
C. Casio Retro Style Digital Watch F-91W

This is my younger brother's watch which he just bought two weeks ago:
Casio Databank / Calculator 437 438 Black

A lot of watches from my boys right? Here are more awesome watches from my cool colleagues:

That's PD wearing his shiny and brand new silver Casio Retro A168 watch 
Meet Lovely. She's wearing a Casio 643 A300U "World Time" which was handed down from her mom =)

and last but not the least,

meet the ever-stylish Draco wearing Casio Databank (DBC-610A-1) metal band in silver

I know I don't have the eye for vintage stuff but while I was preparing for this post, I was surprised to know that my very own watch was also a Casio classic:
Mine was a Casio W800HG-9AV. It's quite big because it's for men haha. I like big watches and I'm one of the boys =P

I think this is the newest fashion trend. I visited a Casio store recently and I heard they are getting a lot of orders for these kinds of watches. They said it would take a while for the orders since they would get them from Japan. If I'm not mistaken, I think these watches are also being sold in Hong Kong because I saw some of these when I went there last June. =) Unfortunately, there are limited shops here in the Phil which offer vintage models. I got mine from an old watch store called "Citizen Emporium" in Manila a few years ago. I wanted to go back but I heard from my dad that they already moved (boohoo). Most of these watches were bought online.  So if you're digging this look, you can check Ebay or Multiply. You can also ask around because there are some people who directly sell these stuff. Prices range from P900-P4000 depending on the seller. =P Not bad right? Also, Casio is known for its quality that's why it would really be worth it. So, are you joining the club? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment